When you order items on Amazon, there are practically thousands of ways we can fulfill that order. Which Fulfillment Center do we ship the items from, what carriers to use, what boxes to combine items in - now scale the same question to every single order on Amazon worldwide. At Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), we are tasked with optimizing the fulfillment on customer orders so that we fulfill all orders worldwide in the most intelligent manner while ensuring Amazon customers get their orders on time.
The Fulfillment Network Planning team owns and operates simulation systems that help continually optimize the distribution of tens of millions of products across Amazon's warehouses in the most cost-effective manner, utilizing large scale optimization techniques and distributed computing in trying to reduce overall transportation costs while improving the customer experience. We are focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using big data technologies, cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
As part of this mission, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to be part of building and scaling insights generation. You will dive deep into ambiguous and complex issues, and deliver results based on analyzing, evaluating and surfacing opportunities with your cross-disciplined team to senior leadership globally.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of different business and the underlying analytics, and the ability to translate business requirements into analysis, collect and analyze data, and make recommendations back to the business. BIEs also continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to help design new studies and build new tools that help our team automate, and accelerate analytics.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
• 5+ years hands-on analytics work experience, with proven quantitative orientation.
• Experience in leading complex large scale analytical solution implementation
• Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
• Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
• Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
• Fluency with statistical analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Master's degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
• 7+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
• Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS Redshift, S3, Hadoop, etc.
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
• Experience working as a BIE in a technology company
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in a remote setting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us(Opens in a new tab).