Business Intelligence Engineer - Summer Internship
- Must be enrolled at a university and plan to return for additional school terms prior to graduating. Otherwise, please apply to the Business Intelligence Engineer full-time posting if you are graduating prior to August 2018.*
We will begin reviewing resumes on a rolling basis and begin reach-outs for interviews around Sept 1, 2017.
Amazon is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer Intern to help manage our ever growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions. You will seek out hidden and valuable correlations between the easily-measurable and the hard-to-quantify, within immense volumes of real-world data. You will also formulate quantitative metrics which allow us to track our progress, and then devise creative measurement and audit solutions which allow us to track those metrics with minimal cost and human effort. You will provide input into business and technical direction, steering broader solutions in support of these objectives. This role is expected to push the boundaries of measurability without sacrificing rigor.
Internships last twelve weeks over the summer in Seattle, Washington.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics in a field of experimental science
- Currently enrolled in university and plan to return for additional school terms prior to graduating
- Able to work full-time (40 hrs/week) for 12 weeks between May 2018 – Sept 2018
- Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-TB) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience in data mining and optimizing database query performance in SQL or Oracle
- Knowledge and direct experience using statistical packages and business intelligence tools such as SPSS, SAS, S-PLUS, or R
- Exemplary communication skills, ability to work with large cross functional teams of technical and non-technical members
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining
- Strong desire to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers
- Preferred graduation date between August 2018 and July 2019
- Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience with AWS Solutions, including EC2, S3, Redshift, EMR (or Hadoop)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies and familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top