Business Intelligence Engineer - Prime Video Product and Tech Finance
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers enjoy video. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Prime Video Technology and Product Finance team to support Prime Video Technology strategy and performance.
You will be responsible for end to end production of key business reporting to leadership on a weekly basis, building scalable data solutions to complex problems and performing ad-hoc deep dives to better understand and value performance metrics. In doing so, you will partner with key stakeholders from Finance, Product and Tech as well as data engineering and analytics teams globally.
This opportunity is ideal for a driven individual who is passionate about technology, video entertainment and looking for a challenge in a high growth, new business environment.
This position will be based in Seattle, WA.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Ownership of the end to end production of business review reporting; from developing and maintaining data structures, monitoring pipelines and building Tableau/QuickSight/Excel reports.
• Gather business requirements and translate these into scalable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
• Providing informed analysis, insight and recommendations around our business metrics to drive optimization and more effective decision making.
• Design and implement large-scale data structures to support the business needs.
• Proactive investigation and root cause analysis of areas of interest, concern, or any unusual trends in business metrics.
• Build strong relationships with data engineering and analytics teams to enhance upstream data sources and develop data processes to enable more scalable and accurate reporting.
• Produce comprehensive documentation for dataset and business metrics.
• Managing redshift data cluster performance by creating and monitoring reporting, ensuring processes are optimized and promoting best practices to users.
• Supporting the Finance and Business teams as required on ad hoc and longer term analysis requests.
• Educated to degree level in a math, statistics, computer science or equivalent technical field.
• Will have relevant experience in a business intelligence role, including data warehouse and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology.
• Evidence of expert proficiency in large database manipulation through SQL
• Must have experience with Tableau, Python.
• Experience with Redshift including complex querying, analytical functions, and database tuning for optimal query performance with large data sets.
• Excellent MS Excel
• Must show evidence of using data to inform decisions.
• Must have a demonstrable track record of delivering results.
• Must demonstrate fluency in English language both written and verbal
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top