Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived you wondered how it got to you so fast?
Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you?
If so, Amazon Logistics (AMZL), Last Mile team is for you. We manage the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's customers, achieving on-time delivery in a cost-effective manner to deliver a smile for our customers.
Amazon Logistics is looking for a customer focused, analytically and technically skilled Business Intelligence Engineer to drive effective performance measurement and management, innovation and execution in last mile delivery. This position will be responsible for playing a key role in our Analytics team building out analysis and visualization tools and processes' to support our growing Amazon Logistics business in Japan.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively retrieve, integrate, visualize and present critical data to improve the efficiency of the package delivery network. This individual will work with technical and business teams to optimize planning, execution, process improvement and track progress against goals. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoy working with large scale of data.
Last Mile Department
Data Analyst/BI Engineer
*Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/disability/jp
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
- Partner with Data Engineering teams to prioritize and define AMZL JP data and BI development needs
- Work with in-house scientists, global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams to identify new BI capabilities and projects
- Conduct deep dive investigations into operations execution and business problems, identify opportunities, and lead or support implementation
- Analyze and visualize large geospatial datasets to uncover trends or issues relevant to last mile logistics, and output solid analysis report with recommendation
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
Last Mile Execution Analytics (LMEA) team of JP works as an integral part of Amazon Logistics to ensure that its business intelligence, analytics, tools and planning needs are met. By providing information, insight, and decision support, we strive to enable success of all parts of AMZL. Our customer set includes senior management, station operations, external vendors, long-term planning, Ops technology (Voice of the Delivery Station, Voice of the Customer), network planning, and pretty much every BI and Ops teams.
Voice of Employee
[Work Life Harmony]
We believe, it is important to spend private time such as spending time with your family or doing anything you like to spur innovation. Amazon promotes a fulfilling and flexible work style according to the work volume and lifestyle of each employee.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
- 2+ yrs of experience in analytical skills to integrate data
- Advanced level of SQL and ETL, ability to write and tune complex SQL scripts and ETL development
- Experience using Python
- 2+ yrs of experience in visualization tools such as GIS visualization, Tableau, QlikView, Quick Sight
- Business Level of English
- MBA/MS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
- Business Level of Japanese
- 3+ years of relevant work experience building end - to end solutions to performance measurement and process improvement in a transportation, logistics or supply chain setting
- 3+ yrs of experience in Operational Excellence initiatives, working with data warehousing and data quality (MySQL and Redshift)
- 3+ yrs of experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application
- Project Management experience and/or Tech product management experience
- Organized, operational mindset with track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
- Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to understand operations at a detailed, practical level and also to think big / strategically
- Experience with analyzing geospatial/location data in SQL and/or via a programming language
- Excited about working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture.
The salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview