Business Intelligence Engineer (Luxembourg, Munich or Berlin)
- Dublin, Ireland
Additional locations include: Berlin and Munich.
Over 2 million Selling Partners list their products for sale on the Amazon Marketplace. Selling Partners are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth's largest selection and lowest prices. These Selling Partners offer hundreds of millions of unique products providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics and Apparel to Consumables and beyond. In our vision to build a global marketplace, we will enable Selling Partners to list, make their selection available to customers globally while optimizing their inventory placement across multiple countries.
You have a passion for using data in order to drive business actions. You are keen to improve current reporting solutions or innovate by creating new and simpler ones and provide the Marketplace business with robust automated insight. You thrive at analyzing and modelling very large data sets, diving below the surface to identify the root cause and the "so what" rather than just superficial trends. You love participating in cross-functional projects that will directly impact the commercial performance of the business.
• Performing deep-dives to derive actionable insights
• Creating models to predict outcomes and optimize business processes
• Building self-service reporting tools and dashboards
• Providing SQL support and delivering trainings (SQL, Tableau, etc.)
• Participating in and driving cross-functional projects in collaboration with BI teams across Europe and US
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
• Strong data analysis skills - e.g. database query construction, data warehousing, regression modelling, forecasting, data mining and experience in market and business analysis
• Experience solving complex problems - you must be able to think laterally and solve extremely ambiguous problems quickly and comprehensively
• Advanced SQL and business intelligence experience
• Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance and tight deadlines
• Experience with Python, R, VBA, or other automation-focused languages
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, fluent English is required
• Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
• Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena, etc.
• Experience with Machine Learning projects
Back to top