Business Intelligence Engineer III
- Seattle, WA
Are you customer obsessed, results-oriented, and creative? Are you excited to help us learn about how our customers shop and how satisfied they are when using our services? We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineer to join the global customer research team for Amazon's rapidly growing grocery services including Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods and Prime Now. In this role you will work closely with product managers, marketers, and engineering leaders to derive quantitative insights about how customers navigate our products, identify opportunities for improvement, and shape strategic recommendations.
A successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and possess excellent statistical and analytical abilities, and have the ability to work with technology, product development, and business teams. They will have passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and driven by a desire to innovate Amazon's approach to this space.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
• Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complicated data sets.
• Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
• Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related experience.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments.
• 6+ years of experience in data mining and data-set preparation using SQL.
• 6+ years of experience with Tableau Desktop or other relevant data visualization software.
• Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environment.
• Be self-driven, details-oriented, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
• Proficient understanding of data warehousing, data modeling methods.
• Proficient with Python or other relevant scripting language
• 8+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related technical field
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team, and senior management as required.
• Familiarity with Amazon's AWS services including Glue, EC2, S3 and Redshift.
• Experience working in large data warehouse environments.
• Experience conducting large scale and complex data analysis to support business decision making.
Back to top