Business Intelligence Engineer II, Amazon Video
Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with hundreds of thousands of titles available to stream and download on all your favorite devices. Amazon FireTV, iOS devices, Roku, game consoles and Fire Tablets. Are you interested in diving deep into understanding customer behavior and driving improvements for the digital video business? Then we might have just the role for you!
Our team owns a dedicated video-roll advertising channel, which is one of our most efficient customer engagement channels within Amazon Video for driving engagement. The ranking and personalization services we build rely on leading edge machine learning techniques that learn about our customer needs and to match them with a wide array of video content. Understanding our incremental impact, making investment decisions and developing technology solutions based on deep insights that drive customer engagement are exciting challenges in an industry that's doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it. In the process, you will also learn a lot on the core video streaming including Playback, Client players and Video and Audio encoding technologies.
The successful candidate has a passion for extracting actionable insights from data. He/she rolls up his/her sleeves, innovates, and quickly becomes a subject matter expert on the workflow to onboard deals from a variety of sources and assessing business performance across market segments. He/she has significant experience analyzing data, identifying trends, extracting conclusions, and presenting findings in a simple and clear manner. He/she enjoys problem solving and is proficient using Excel and other tools to analyze large data sets.
- Monitor existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
- Partner to define goals around key operational metrics
- Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Recommend business actions based on analytical findings. Includes defining new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve Amazon Video's workflow for onboarding deals and performance of various channels
- Work cross functionally with the product team to recommend ways of automating existing manual processes The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; particularly, the ability to deliver analysis in a clear and actionable format.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A composed, poised and professional demeanor with a bias for action and ownership.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including proficiency with tools such as Excel and Access) and an ability to use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Comfortable taking loosely defined business questions and translating them into clearly defined technical/data specifications.
- A bachelor's degree at a well-regarded institution in an analytical field (e.g. Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance)
- 3+ years of work experience in business analysis and research, including experience in operations and financial analysis
- Master's Degree
- Proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of relational database and familiarity with statistics
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables and charts), Access databases, and adeptness working with large datasets
- An ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
- Experience with Tableau is highly desirable
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top