Business Intelligence Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Devices-Demand Planning team is seeking an outstanding BIE with strong analytical and communication skills to help with demand forecasting and supply optimization for the entire Amazon device family of products and accessories. We develop scalable and robust state-of-the-art solutions that involve learning from different data sources. This role is central to the continued growth of Amazon Device division as we have grown from the first Kindle E-Reader to a vast portfolio of Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, E-Reader, Ring and many other devices. With better forecasts we drive down supply chain costs, enabling the offer of lower prices and better in-stock selection for our customers.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to both develop advanced scientific solutions and drive critical customer and business impacts. You will play a key role to drive end-to-end solutions from understanding our business requirements, exploring a large amount of historical data, building prototypes and exploring conceptually new solutions, to working with partner teams for prod deployment. You will collaborate closely with engineering peers as well as business stakeholders. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for Amazon Devices.
• 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Experience with SQL
• Master's degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
• Experience using R, Python, etc.
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS
• Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
• Experience working as a BIE in a technology company
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Back to top