Business Intelligence Engineer II
- Austin, TX
If you are an analytical thinker and interested in being as close to Amazon's customers as possible, we'd love for you to join the ML-Horizon team in Amazon's Customer Engagement Technologies (CET) organization.
Our team is one of four science teams that fall under CET. We're called ML-Horizon, because we metaphorically operate at the line between the ground and the sky. We're continually running experiments, creating insight discovery platforms, and building models to help our product managers, engineers, UX experts, and fellow scientists create amazing products.
Here are a few examples of some of the ambitious projects:
1)Dashboards that govern strategy, execution, and decision-making for an entire organization that owns a suite of 7 products and serves 100M+ monthly customers worldwide.
2) Analytical artifacts to help build our products
3) Infrastructure tasks to ensure that our timely, reliable, and accurate
We're specifically looking for a strong analytical thinker with excellent communication skills who can improve our team's infrastructure and build new analytical visualization tools for various purposes.
• Bachelor's degree in a /technical field (e.g. Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of relevant experience as a Analyst or similar role
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized queries using analytical bases like Tera and etc across large sets
• Demonstrated strength in ETL development, and warehousing
• Experience with AWS services including S3, EMR and RDS
• Experience with many tools
• Able to apply basic statistical methods (e.g. regression) for difficult problems
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and R
• Excellent verbal/written communication and analytical ability
• Master's degree in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
• 4+ years of relevant experience as a BI Engineer, Data Engineer, Business Analyst or similar role
• Experience with AWS products and tools
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements and deliver impact on business intelligence tasks
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and scripting
• Curiosity to learn and adapt to new technologies
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top