Business Intelligence Engineer - GSF Expansion & Topology
- Seattle, WA
The Prime Now Operations team is seeking an exemplary Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills to help build the infrastructure and tools required to support a new, fast growing business. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable, distributed systems which operate 24/7/365. You will work with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL scripts, can partner with customers to answer key business questions, and you are an advocate for your customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, implement new solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. The complexity of research and skills for a Business Intelligence Engineer is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages. The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
Manipulate/mine data from database tables (MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files)
Ability to write script (ex. PERL) which would identify gaps in our processes and give the team the ability to solve these issues with your root cause analysis
Develop websites using (RUBY, HTML, PHP, Java, AJAX) which would allow users throughout the FC including the leadership team the ability to graphically understand issues the team is seeing as well as action items to solve these issues
Maintaining database up-time to include restarting of servers, etc.
Providing analytical support not only for the facility to improve results
Root cause research into identifying process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdowns
* Analyze and report data findings and complete reports on building capacity, inventory control metrics, error reporting, and performance management control
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering/Operations research/supply chain or related fieldsor equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in supply chain engineering/management/optimization
• Demonstrated experience with in data modeling/visualization programs-R or Python, as well as Tableau
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Familiarity in expansion planning and project management
• MBA or Master's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, or other Supply Chain related field preferred
• Proven track record of success in a Supply Chain planning role
• Fluency with SQL, Tableau, Python
• Well acquainted with supply chain cost structures: fixed, variable, and transportation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience communicating effectively with Director level and above decision makers
• Quantitative and qualitative data analysis experience with demonstrated impact to a business, a track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top