Business Intelligence Engineer - GSF Analytics
- Nashville, TN
Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) comprises of Prime Now, Fresh, Ultra-Fast Fresh (UFF) offering, Whole Foods (WFM) operations and Sub-Same Day (SSD) delivery. The Delivery Experience (DEX) Analytics team focuses on Delivery Cost and Quality metrics for these businesses. As operations for these businesses expands globally at a rapid pace, this role will be needed to support building scalable analytical solutions. This endeavor will allow us to recommend adjustments of operational levers to upstream partner teams in order to maintain customer experience.
The DEX Analytics team is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to help define and create the next generation of deep dive and performance metrics visibility tools. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business scenarios, can synthesize customer requirements in order to define analytical products, and is passionate about data and analytics. To be successful in this role you will need to love data and connect data to the reality of business, strive for high quality solutions that are easy to understand.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Define and develop business critical metrics and reports across all business levers, key performance indicators, and financials.
• Own key executive reports and metrics that are consumed by Amazon leadership
• Provide thought leadership in business deep dives
• Work closely with GSF Operations leadership to help them meet their objectives
• Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and present written business recommendations to the leadership in a clear and compelling way
• Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer information systems, engineering, operations research, mathematics or other analytical disciplines
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or Business Intelligence Engineer
• Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Advanced SQL and Excel skills, familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
• Recent experience applying visualization tools such as Tableau, Quick View or other BI tools.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• Prior experience in analytical modeling
• Proficiency in one programming language
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Advanced working knowledge of data mining using , ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top