Business Intelligence Engineer, Global Mile
- Bellevue, WA
Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing business delivering packages to Amazon customers all around the world? Do you like challenges, solving complex problems and working on different technologies? Well then, Amazon Global Mile is the team for you.
Here in Global Mile, we drive Amazon's strategic vision to bring worldwide cross-border product selection and availability at the lowest price to our customers, and help sellers and vendors (manufacturers, distributors and brand owners) navigate international trade and logistics. We design and build cross border transportation products and programs with a focus on customer, seller, and vendor experience, at global scale. As a result, Global Mile works directly with logistics cross-border carriers and partners with several stakeholder teams to constantly improve the international delivery experience.
In Global Mile, the Exports Visibility team owns data, reporting and insights products and strategy for global exports. We deliver world class business intelligence and strategic insights, leveraging data science and robust data infrastructure. We are a strong team with rich experience across business intelligence (BI), data science, data engineering and product management. . With that in mind, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (Sr. BIE) to join our team and own our BI strategy and roadmap.. Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and systems/technologies continue to evolve; and enjoys strategizing, innovating, thinking big and collaborating with other to solve challenging problems
• Build and own the Global Mile Exports BI strategy and roadmap
• Drive BI related sprint planning, prioritization and execution
• Provide thought leadership on the architecture, design and implementation of next generation BI solutions including streaming data applications.
• Collaborate with data scientists/ engineers, others BIEs and business stakeholders to surface high quality predictive/ prescriptive business insights and analytics
• Collaborate with stakeholders to design and develop high quality KPI/ metric dashboards that effectively track and analyze complex evolving business initiatives.
• Continuously improve BI mechanisms and analytic processes, through process/reporting automation or by simplifying self-service support for stakeholders
• Mentor and develop other BIEs on the team
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical/ related field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• Strong in solution design, data modeling and ETL development from concept to implementation.
• Proficiency using Tableau or other dashboarding/ report development technologies.
• Proficiency with a scripting language (Python or R)
• Masters's degree or higher in a BI / Analytics / Data Science / related technical (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 7+ years of experience in BI / analytics/ data engineering building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (eg. EMR, Redshift, S3)
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, scripting and data warehousing
• Proven success in driving thought leadership and BI strategy across stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior management (defining requirements, making data modeling decisions, driving prioritization, setting expectations and business intelligence strategy)
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers on BI best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top