In Amazon People Technology, it's using modern technologies to solve complex human problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experiences that empower employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere.
The Workforce Evolution team is seeking a talented Business Intelligence Engineer to join our cross-functional team of software engineers, product and program managers, business intelligence engineers, and designers to help turn big ideas into practical solutions at scale. We provide current, former, or potential Amazonians with mobile experiences that allow them to manage their schedules, grow their careers, stay informed, and answer the question "What's next for me here at Amazon?" If you want interesting, unsolved problems that will take you beyond your current abilities then People Tech is the place for you.
This will be a great fit if you get excited by partnering with key stakeholders to dig deep into the business challenges to understand and identify insights that will enable us to meet associate needs at a globally scale. You need excellent analytical abilities as well as business acumen and an ability to tie together data from across Amazon in order to help enable effective decision making. An ability to communicate insight to the business via development and implementation of ongoing and subject-specific reporting artifacts is a critical skill in this role.
• MSc/BSc in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with data warehousing concepts
• Experience with data mining, including ETL, and using databases in a business environment with multiple datasets
• Experience using data visualization tools such as QuickSight and Tableau
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• Master's degree in Math/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
• Prior experience in a complex logistics or manufacturing operations environment
• Experience with AWS services such as Redshift, DynamoDB, and S3
• • Excellent communication skills working with multiple peer groups and different levels of management
• Be comfortable with ambiguity and be curious to learn new skills
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.