Business Intelligence Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Passionate about solving hard problems? Want to help Amazon achieve the trifecta of fast speeds, low costs and great reliability? The Core Transport Tech team building the next generation of supply chain products to help track packages and optimize the transportation plan at Amazon scale.
We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineer who will develop innovative solutions to drive insights and optimization. As a member of this team, you will have an opportunity to be an innovator in Amazon and work with a group of talented program managers, product managers, software engineers, and business stakeholders to design the
Amazon network of the future. This position requires innovative thinking, ability to quickly approach large ambiguous problems, and apply logic. This position also requires significant cross functional work and integration with transportation, tech, operations, and finance.
As you further your career as a Business Intelligence Engineer at Amazon, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will research performance data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to improve decision-making. We are focused on your success and want to build and support strong pioneers within Amazon Global Logistics. You can expect to leverage your problem solving skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative field such as mathematics, industrial engineering or operations research and 5+ years of experience in data science/related field
• Experience in writing SQL queries, mining databases, Python or R
• Advanced knowledge in building visualizations using software such as Tableau
• Masters Degree in Applied Mathematics, Supply Chain Engineering or related field
• 3+ experience in supply chain
• 3+ years experience in data analytics post Masters.
• Experience with building data pipelines and data engineering
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
• Able to work in a diverse team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top