Business Intelligence Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come join the team that is working at the intersection of Alexa, personalization and fashion.
The Style by Alexa team is building new products that deliver cutting-edge AI to the fashion domain. If you are eager to build products that customers will love and use every day come join us! We're the team that thrives in a start-up like environment where flexibility, teamwork and ability to deliver solutions are a priority.
In this role, you'll own end to end solution designs for data management, migration, analysis and visualization, which helps driving the development of AI behind the Style by Alexa products. You'll work with multiple Amazon machine learning and data science teams, and will work with multiple sources on a wide range of data technologies developing the next generation of reporting solutions. Some technologies used in the roll will be S3, Redshift, ETL, SQL, and reporting with tools like Tableau and AWS Kibana.
Join our team and help us build something new that will continue surprising and delighting our customers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• BA/BS in Analytics, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
• 3+ years' experience as a BIE, data scientist, data engineer or similar job function with a technology company.
• A history of teamwork and good communication skills.
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau or Cognos Solutions.
• Have ability to independently influence and drive outputs, meet deadlines, and set clear expectations and road-maps.
• Advanced Degrees in Analytical, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or 5+ years in related experience.
• Experience in end to end projects involving complex data sets and high variability.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience handling confidential and sensitive data.
• Design and develop data infrastructure to support business growth.
• Working knowledge of Python/Java or similar coding languages
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3, EC2, Quicksight
• Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management.
Back to top