Business Intelligence Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible. This role is based out of our Luxembourg corporate office and is for an passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed analyst.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with large datasets and distributed computing technologies. The candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools, has hand-on knowledge on columnar databases such as Redshift and other related AWS technologies. He/she passionately partners with the customers to identify strategic opportunities in the field of data engineering. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoys working in a fast-paced team that continuously learns and evolves on a day to day basis.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
• 1+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
• Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets
• 1+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, Bash etc
• Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift etc.
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Experience mentoring and training others on complex technical issues
• 1+ years of experience as a Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and Apache Spark
• Experience with software coding practices is a strong plus
• Experience using Linux/UNIX to process large data sets
Back to top