Business Intelligence Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's International Seller Services organization is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer with excellent statistical and analytical abilities as well as data engineering skills. You are a self-starter, someone who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, with an uncanny knack and passion for turning qualitative analysis and observations into diagnostics and metrics? Then you are the right candidate for our team.
In this position, you will be a key contributor and sparring partner, developing analytics and insights that global executive management teams and business leaders will use to define global strategies and deep dive businesses. You will be part of a global team that is focused on acquiring new self-service merchants from around the world to sell on Amazon's global marketplaces around the world. The position is based in India but will interact with global leaders and teams in Europe, Japan, China, Australia, and other regions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
Be a thought leader: Interface with business partners, architect, design, implement, and support BI projects & tools that derive insights and shape important, worldwide business decisions.
Dive Deep, Raise the bar and insist on high standards: Recognize and adopt best practices in analysis and reporting, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. Support your leadership team with deep-dives and insights that improve our performance and productivity, so we can serve our customers even better.
Deliver Results: Be inspired by the motto of Customer First, use outstanding business acumen, technical and analytical skills to drive real, actionable results.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
• 4+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role
• Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
• Experience analyzing data or technical issues
• Experience with SQL, Relational databases, and/or Big Data
• Experience with data warehousing concepts and coding in at least one analytical programming language (R, Python)
• Experience with data mining, including ETL, and using databases in a business environment with multiple datasets
• Experience using data visualization tools such as QuickSight, Tableau and Excel
• Explicit industry experience with spoken language understanding systems
• Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure including S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and RDS
• Proven ability to look at solutions in unconventional ways, identify opportunities to innovate, and lead the way
• Proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top