Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS' Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide operational excellence and business strategy for our customers. Data analysis is at the core Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our organization. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with large and diverse data sets to gather insights using data from across AWS Infrastructure.
The ideal candidates will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills. They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail). Enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. If you are excited about data, are results oriented, and want to join a growing analytics team within Amazon, this role is for you.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
• Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complicated data sets.
• Identify and recommend opportunities to automate systems and tools
• Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
• Interface with Data Engineers and business busers to deliver complete BI solutions.
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
• Review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Develop and implement analytics to continually improve continuity of supply and operational efficiencies
• BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or a similar quantitative field, or additional 4+ years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments.
• 2+ years experience using, writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment
• 2+ years experience using business intelligence reporting and visualization tools (such as Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Looker and QuickSight, Advanced Excel such as v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
• Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environment.
• Be self-driven, details-oriented, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
• 5+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related technical field
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team, and senior management as required.
• Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions.
• Experience working with disparate data sources and turning them into a unified solution.
• Experience in Operations, Procurement, Computer Hardware, or Global Supply Chain.
• Familiarity with Amazon's AWS services including Glue, EC2, S3 and Redshift.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us