Amazon has spent years building one of the world's most efficient and optimized supply chains. The Amazon Distribution and Fulfillment Solutions Org (ADFS) will build on that foundation and continue to innovate end-to-end supply chain capabilities. As a Business Intelligence Engineer with our team, you will help us extract meaning from large volumes of data and improve how we understand, operate, and streamline productivity in one of Amazon's fastest-growing businesses. You should be curious and comfortable digging deep into data to identify opportunities and discover insights that will enable us to unlock step function growth in our business. You will be responsible for modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical and visualization techniques. You will retrieve, visualize and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to improve the decision-making process. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, passionate about the customer and comfortable working with numerous stakeholders across the organization and worldwide. You will be working alongside a team of Project Managers, Account Managers, Data Scientists and other Business Intelligence Engineers to solve complex problems and own the reporting and deep dives for the team. This is a unique opportunity to work on a team from the ground level, where small decisions and insights will have a large impact.
• Lead merchant segmentation analysis in order to better forecast performance and identify possible attrition triggering events.
• Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions including merchant segmentation and the impact of Account Management on sales.
• Analyze historical data related to merchant performance, including inbound flows, inventory, storage capacity limits, etc to identify trends and insights.
• Design, develop, and maintain ongoing metrics, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
• Create self-service reports to empower team to own deep dives.
• Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve business understanding.
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions.
• Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative or technical discipline (Engineering, Math, Statistics, etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in complex quantitative analysis.
• 2+ years of experience with SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modeling
• 2+ years of experience with one or more scripting language: Python preferred
• Experience in one or more BI/ reporting/visualization tools (preferably Tableau or QuickSight)
• Graduate degree in quantitative or technical discipline (Engineering, Math, Statistics, etc.).
• Familiarity with AM concepts, Salesforce, funnels etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with senior management as well as with colleagues from operations and business backgrounds.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.