Business Intelligence Engineer
- Bratislava, Slovakia
We are looking for a driven, creative, and results-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer to define and deliver strategic data and customer insights for Amazon Devices. A successful candidate knows and loves working with BI tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive the business. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Smart Home Sales and Marketing teams across the Amazon Devices organization.
- Use analytic tools and languages (notably SQL), and present analytical results and insights using multiple methods, including written summaries and visualization/reporting tools such as Tableau
- Investigate data sources across Amazon and expand existing device data infrastructure
. Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the device customer engagement, sales and marketing roadmap.
• Develop a thorough understanding of customer behavior, competitive product trends, and business drivers to inform decision making
• Analyze key insight trends and build models that predict customer behavior, using statistical rigor to simplify and provide thought leadership to device product and marketing groups
• Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of ongoing analytical support
• Collect, analyze and share data to help product teams drive improvement in key business metrics and customer experience
• Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, computer science, or finance or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of professional experience in data modeling / advanced business analytics
• Experience in ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Knowledge of SQL and experience with efficient processing of large data sets
• Knowledge of columnar databases like Redshift and Vertica; Understand database optimization
• Experience in designing and building data infrastructure/automated reporting tools (Tableau)
• Experience in advanced business/customer analytics
• Experience conveying key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms
• Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
• Experience with an enterprise class BI tool like Micro Strategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence and familiarity with new BI tools like Domo, Looker or Superset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
• Experience in writing and tuning SQL scripts
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
• Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
Back to top