Amazon is seeking an outstanding () to join Amazon's worldwide capacity team. This rapidly-growing within Amazon offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
As a , you will be play a key role in Amazon customer service by partnering with forecasters, supply planners, finance, technoy and teams to develop world class solutions and systems. You will be working with small, strategically-focused team that partners with stakeholders WW to drive key decisions by performing analysis, designing and monitoring metrics.
- Monitor existent metrics, analyzing and partnering with internal teams to identify process, system improvement opportunities and come up with solutions
- Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and s.
- Drive decisions by analyzing of demand and supply side metrics, designing and developing s and reports
- Extensive stakeholder management of suppliers and consumers worldwide who operate out of diverse geographies. Presentation of analysis to the senior leadership
- Develop and improve flow between multiple systems and provide self-service tools to the customers
- Perform base management of the team, develop frameworks to process very large sets
- Support modules, design and maintain architecture for statistical research and development of systems.
- Maintain integrity and quality of the team inputs and outputs. Perform validation and documentation
- Participate in global capacity and customer service initiatives and project roll outs to cater to growing needs
- Superior analytical ality and technical skills to come up with quick, innovative solutions
- High attention to detail and proven ality to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; particularly, the ality to deliver analysis in a clear and actionable format.
- An ality to work in a fast-paced environment
- A composed, poised and professional demeanor with a as for action and ownership.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in role, including warehousing and tools, techniques and technoy, or experience in , analysis or comparable consumer solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, ing, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge and Experience in , , ETL, etc. and using bases in a environment with large-scale, complex sets.
- Knowledge and direct experience using tools. (au, MicroStrategy etc.)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ality to effectively communicate with both and technical teams.
- Familiarity with statistical methods and tools
- Familiarity with predictive modeling
- Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure, Redshift
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us