Business Intelligence Engineer
We are looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer who is looking to work in a new space to help define how we use multi-modal data (voice, mobile, desktop) to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with BI tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive the business. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional data-sets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Lead customer utilization research projects to better understand how our customers are using our product.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- · 3-5 years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field, and 7-10 years professional experience (experience in consumer-facing industry preferred)
- · Knowledge of at least one common data science programming language (e.g. R, SAS, SPS)
- · Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
- · Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
- · Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- · Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, IT, product management, marketing, finance, and operations
- · Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- · Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a programming language
- · Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top