Business Intelligence Engineer
- Gera, Germany
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready - just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who is looking to work in a new space to help define how we use data (voice, mobile, desktop) to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, within our Alexa Experience Data team, you will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
• Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
• Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
• Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
• 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Experience with SQL
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years professional experience
• 2+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field,
• Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
• Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Experience communicating analytical outcomes through written communication to both business and technical teams.
• Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Experience in consumer-facing industry
• Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, IT, product management, marketing, finance, and operations
• Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a programming language
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
• Experience with statistical analysis using R/SAS/Matlab or similar tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top