Business Intelligence Engineer
Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Amazon Security Operations Center (ASOC) team. Successful candidates will be responsible for the generation and delivery of a variety of metrics used drive decisions tied to information security risks, capacity management, resource allocation and operational strategy.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be responsible for understanding, combining and reporting on many sources of operational metrics. You should be a self-starter who knows and loves working with BI tools, and who thrives on implementing creative approaches and dealing with the intricate complexity of large data sets while partnering with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Interfacing with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and using a major programming and/or scripting language to process data for modeling
- Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- 3+ years in relevant experience as data scientist, software engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent
- Experience with data modeling and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, EMR, or other Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Strong active listener with solid written and verbal communication skills
- A history of positive results within cross-functional projects and building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting/visualization tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top