Business Intelligence Engineer, AWS
- Seattle, WA
AWS is looking for a customer-obsessed Business Intelligence Engineer to join the team. AWS has a culture of data-driven decision making, and requires business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable. This role will partner closely with the Commercial Sales teams to understand the needs of the team and ensure that the business teams are able to answer hard questions with real data.
This individual will participate in business reviews and new-initiatives. They should be able to identify and help close gaps in the information available, as well as predict up-and-coming data-needs when participating in discussions about new products or features.
A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized. You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers. You should feel comfortable working across multiple data-sources, and be capable of participating in and understanding how multiple systems communicate information to one-another.
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
- Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to answer business questions and drive business decisions.
- Analyze key metrics or develop sub metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Review and audit existing ETL jobs and queries.
- Apply and/or develop models for predictive learning, content ranking, and anomaly detection
- Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, and share insights and recommendations
- Fluency in Japanese
- Business level English
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience using SQL
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Cognos, Cubes, etc.)
- Practical experience in Python/scikit-learn and at least one of following language, R/Scala/Julia, on business setting.
- Practical experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems
- Familiarity with cloud solutions such as AWS/GCP/Azure/etc
- Experience in building selling mechanism in Marketing/Sales/Business division
- Candidates with AI/ML models and Natural Language experience will be prioritized
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top