Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are looking for a experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) who is passionate about using data to drive critical business decisions for Amazon Studios. As a BI Engineer working on the Amazon Studios analytics team, you will be developing and supporting the analytic technologies to give our internal customers flexible and structured access to data that is timely, accurate and actionable. Moreover, you will partner with senior leaders throughout the organization to drive insights and measurable results.
You should not only be passionate about working with big data sets, but also be comfortable developing key analytical frameworks. In addition, you will be helping develop reporting and analytical infrastructures while working cross functionally with key stakeholders.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• 3+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
• Experience in SQL.
• Advanced knowledge in a variety of industry analytics and metrics visualization tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau/QuickSight/MicroStrategy/PowerBI).
• Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Shell) in order to update or troubleshoot existing scripts for basic BI use cases (e.g. data transformations, statistical tests and analyses, process automation).
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
• Experience with Python and/or R
• Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.