If you have passion, you can excel at Shopbop | East Dane, part of the Amazon family of companies. Shopbop | East Dane is an Amazon subsidiary, our engineers learn from and contribute to one of the strongest technology groups in the world. We also have access to the world's best cloud computing infrastructure.
Shopbop has an immediate opening for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join our enterprise data analytics team. You will be part of a high performing team made up of Data Engineers and BIEs who are continuously raising the bar in delivering analytics for the Shopbop org and drive continuous improvement on behalf of our customers. In this organization every day is Day 1 and no projects are the same. Some technologies used in the role will be S3,Redshift, ETL automation, ad-hoc reporting with tools like IBM Cognos Analytics, QuickSight and Athena.
About Shopbop | East Dane
Since its launch in 2000 as a modestly sized online boutique specializing in hard-to-find denim lines, Shopbop has grown to become one of the leading fashion retailers in the world. Curated with a chic, modern woman in mind, Shopbop offers a comprehensive collection of designer apparel and accessories to suit every style and occasion.
Called "the editors of what's cool" by Daily Candy, and recognized by The Wall Street Journal as having "the best customer service," we are committed to staying ahead of the curve and providing a personalized shopping experience continue to be driving forces behind the company's success. A champion of new design talent and a pioneer in the magazine-meets-boutique approach to online shopping, Shopbop showcases its fashion-forward point of view in editorial lookbook features and receives frequent mention in Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, and Elle. Shopbop's Exclusives section features limited-edition pieces from top designers available only at Shopbop. We are not resting on our laurels. We have the pleasure of delighting some of the world's most passionate clothing and apparel shoppers worldwide.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Learn, implement and maintain BI, Retail, and Ops systems
• Support process innovation using automation techniques
• Engage stakeholders in constructive dialogues to convert business problems into logic problems that can be solved with data, statistics, and scripting
• Design, develop, and implement scalable, automated processes for data extraction, processing, and analysis
• Partner with data engineering and software engineering teams to understand the data subject and underlying data model to drive scalable implementations of BI
• Mine data and work with business partner to come-up with actionable data analysis to drive new customer acquisition, feature adoption and customer satisfaction
• Develop new customer behavior and product insight to enable business partner take smart decisions for our customer, product and investment.
• Analyze relevant business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions.
• Build new and/or improve existing presentation layer using Cognos tool (or other enterprise reporting tool like business objects, Tableau or QuickSight), cube or summary/aggregated/reporting table for various departments in the org to enable self-service BI.
• Develop clear communications for recommended actions.
• Establish new, scalable, efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting on progress of initiatives.
• Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines, Cognos reports and review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries.
• Create and maintain scalable and flexible infrastructure to support BI application and platform.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or 5+ years of industry experience
• A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
• Advanced SQL querying
• 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools such as IBM Cognos analytics, Business Objects, Tableau or QuickSight etc.
• Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL and Data warehousing experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
• Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management
• Maintain, update or create scripts (e.g. R, Python, Shell) to simplify BI processes and automation
• Familiar with statistical modeling techniques and coding concepts in order to partner with other tech roles, such as Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and software development engineers.
• Master's degree in Engineering or Math/Statistics/ or related discipline
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, visualization and processing of large data sets
• Experience with programming tools (Python, R, etc.) to create custom applications based upon analytical needs.
• Proven capability in statistical analysis (e.g., ability to conduct analyses using regression, modeling, forecasting approaches, and related tools)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.