Business Intelligence Engineer - Amazon Business EU (Luxembourg, Munich or Berlin)
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Business EU
Additional locations include: Luxembourg, Munich or Berlin.
Over the past 23 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer and has become one of the largest internet retailers and marketplaces in the world with more than 300 million active customer accounts, more than 2 million active seller accounts, and over $200 billion in revenue globally. Amazon Business is dedicated to serving the needs of business customers and we are focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. We are recruiting a handful of the best and brightest to make this vision a reality.
B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high investment for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between) that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
Some qualities that we are looking for: you are results oriented (and have a track record of repeatedly delivering great results); you are an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); you are an owner, and do what it takes to make your team successful; you have relentlessly high standards (some may say too high); you are customer obsessed; you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
• Pan EU responsibility for analyzing data to help shape strategies and tactics for developing the B2B marketplace
• Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
• Programmatically identify and execute on business opportunities to improve the Business Customer experience across the EU through data analysis.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will shape the future of the Amazon Business
• Tracking business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis.
• Collaborating with multiple teams across multiple functional areas (from Sales to Product Management) throughout the EU and the US
• Identify predictors and causes of business related problems and implement novel approaches related to forecasting and statistical prediction
• Develop and roll out mathematical models to understand customer behavior and needs.
• 2+ years of hands-on industry experience in in business intelligence, data mining, statistical analyses.
• Record of delivering large analytical solutions with business impact.
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and clearly communicate data insights.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross functional teams.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven ability to influence others.
• Creative and proactive problem solving experience.
• Ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various teams.
• Excellent SQL knowledge, understanding of database architectures, ETL principles.
• Strong knowledge of R/Python or similar scripting languages with applications for data analysis (pandas, skikit-learn, stats packages).
• Programming experience with Object Oriented Languages.
• Experience with data visualization (Tableau, Power Pivot, QuickSight) and dashboard building)
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics or related quantitative field or MBA with a concentration in Quantitative Analysis.
• Machine Learning experience (classification, clustering, ranking).
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (MSSQL, SSAS, SSIS) and OLAP concepts.
• Knowledge of AWS technologies (Redshift, EC2, S3, EMR, Quicksight).
• A good understanding of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity.
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive.
• Experience in working with Linux
Back to top