Business Intelligence Engineer, Alexa Shopping
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of shopping.
This team is looking for a world-class Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) who is passionate about the customer experience to act globally and drive innovation. The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities and superior written and verbal communications skills. The candidate will have a strong bias towards data-driven decision-making and will be comfortable with ambiguity while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The role requires strong understanding of large datasets and Finance, solid interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, an entrepreneurial ability to work with minimal direction, and rapid prototyping. The successful candidate will have the freedom to think big, innovate and create new processes and mechanism to drive controllership and impact all retail businesses worldwide. This is a highly visible role, so strong leadership and communications skills are critical to being a successful candidate A successful member of this team collaborates effectively to solve data problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards.
Responsibilities include to:
- Manage and develop scalable financial tools or reports that align, and simplify monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
- Lead financial controllership aspects of the business, and Build scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance teams
- Lead data analytic discussions in business review meetings with cross functional business stakeholders, senior management and business managers
- Lead ad hoc financial modelling and analysis
- Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant, progressive experience working with financial data and reporting
- Proven experience writing basic and complex SQL queries
- Previous experience with reporting tools like Cognos, Tableau, OBIEE
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive process changes, program manage roadmaps, and establish clear controllership goals
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
- Experience communicating results to business leaders
- Python programming experience
Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision. Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills — including written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record for successfully managing a team
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management
- MBA preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top