Business Intelligence Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon Fashion is a fast moving, innovative team that is revolutionizing the future of online Fashion to become each customer's most loved destination. To achieve this goal requires a team of skilled Business Intelligence Engineers to analyze the billions of data points generated on a daily basis. These deep dives result in recommendations to Senior Level Leaders, driving projects that drive incremental sales, and/or data products that improve how Amazon Fashion works with vendors. This is a high impact, high visibility role in a fast growing retail segment of Amazon.
We are looking for candidates that are ready for a challenge, work well in a start-up environment (ambiguity), and have experience iterating on front-end interfaces with a working knowledge of back-end data handling. The candidate must be curious to identify patterns in data and how they relate to the business outcomes. The candidate will use these skills to create and own large scale data products that help drive critical business decisions. Through these projects, the candidate will get experience working with all the facets of a fashion retail business, from ordering a product from a Vendor, to delivering that product to a customer. As this will result in the candidate working between multiple projects and stakeholders, the candidate will need to own and maintain strong relationships with our stakeholders, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to balance multiple priorities.
• Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of data-driven web applications.
• Develop and leverage data products that will be used to propose innovative and profitable business initiatives to senior leadership.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality products against aggressive schedules.
• Drive technical projects with business stakeholders and Data Engineering teams which will require candidate to manage timelines and requirements.
• Own and maintain strong relationships with our business, product and technology stakeholder teams
For this position we expect:
• BS in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant experience
• 6+ years of relevant work experience in BI, Analytics, or Data Science fields or comparable fields
• Proficiency in functional programming languages (e.g. Python) as well as declarative programming languages (e.g. SQL, SPARQL)
• Familiarity with data-driven web applications (Angular, React, etc)
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with business, product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
• The remote and global nature of the work requires excellent communication skills to provide clear, concise, accurate, and timely communication (verbal and written) to the right stakeholders
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Familiarity with fashion world and seasonal online retail
• Broad experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
• Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena etc.
• Experience with data visualization software
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Back to top