Business Intelligence Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
AWS Worldwide Commercial Sales Operations team is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytical background to assist the Commercials Sales Operations team in creating efficiencies, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
As a member of this team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills to drive worldwide reporting deliverables, create ad hoc financial and sales performance analysis, support business planning, and implement ideas for process improvement. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively to solve data problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that seeks to "tell the story" of the data with little direction or supervision.
Preference for this position to be in New York, NY USA but opened to these additional locations: Seattle, WA, USA - San Francisco, CA USA - Los Angeles, CA USA - Austin, TX USA - Houston, TX USA - Boston, MA USA. Relocation assistance available within the United States.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
• Develop a deep understanding of sales metrics, reporting tools, and data structure in order to identify and drive resolution of issues, provide actionable intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, dashboards, scorecards or new tools
• Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, HR, sales operations, and other functional teams to identify and address reporting issues.
• Manage and develop financial tools or reports that align, and simplify, monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
• Create WW financial and operational templates and processes to compile and standardize disparate information that drive standardized reporting and metrics tracking
• Work with regional teams to deconstruct issues and develop solutions that help meet financial and operational goals
• Generate ad hoc and monthly recurring financial and operational performance analysis, based on the needs of the stakeholders
• Provide recommendations through ad hoc data retrieval and analysis from data management systems
• Create new tools and business processes that simplifies, standardizes and enables operational excellence
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 3+ years of financial analysis, based on large volumes of data
• 3+ years of relevant experience one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
• 2+ years of experience working in SAS or R or Python
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Statistics / Engineering / Data Science
• Familiarity with general statistical and data science concepts
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
• Experience communicating results to senior business leaders
• Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
• Experience with statistical tools such as R or SAS and a working knowledge of programing languages like Python
• Financial or accounting background, exposure to commissions and revenue recognition topics
• MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Background working with, and supporting, field facing organizations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top