Business Intelligence Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon Advertising is the earth's most customer centric advertising program and is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys.
All Amazon teams and businesses, from Prime delivery to AWS, are guided by four key tenets: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon Advertising is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to join the EU Advertising Business Operations team.
In this position, you will partner with EU and Global Business leaders, Product teams and Finance to bring together and analyse performance data, discover and solve real world problems, build metrics and business cases to improve decision making. You will also be responsible for improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization.
The successful candidate is detail-oriented, comfortable working with multiple teams (business and technical) in a fast paced, data-driven environment and have a passion for making data-driven decisions. The candidate also has the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences, and the capacity to remain flexible and adept at learning new tools.
We are focused on your success and want to build strong leaders within Amazon Advertising. You can expect to leverage your analytical skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
• Bachelor's in computer science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field; or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with ETL development, data modelling, data warehousing, SQL, Tableau, databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets and Scripting
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel and databases including MySQL, Redshift, and Oracle.
• Experience with Reporting/Analytical tools including Tableau, QuickSight, and MS Excel
• Experience using Python to automate data retrieval, cleansing, transformations etc
• Must demonstrate fluency in English language both written and verbal
• Master's in computer science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field; or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast paced environment
• Proven ability to understand and communicate issues at multiple levels, from validating and correcting junior staff detailed work to explaining the implications of analysis results to executives
• Previous experience working in the areas of inferential statistics, machine learning and predictive modeling
Back to top