Amazon's EU Supply Chain / Transportation team is looking for an enthusiastic and customer obsessed Business intelligence Engineer to help us drive changes and manage operational excellence to support in optimizing our transportation network.
The role will involve understanding the physical and virtual transportation processes, from our fulfillment centers on to our final mile carriers who deliver our packages to our customers. As part of the Network Design team you will combine business process knowledge, data expertise, and analysis skills to identify and drive programs within our transportation network.
To be successful in the role, you need strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, ability to influence across business functions and manage stakeholders' expectations effectively. You will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable in working with multiple business and technical teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of operational excellence metrics, dashboards, and reporting
- Contribute to the strategy, prioritize technical and operational initiatives, evaluate and set stakeholders expectations.
- Development of necessary BI tools to enable optimal evaluation of the network
• 3+ years of professional experience in analytical roles with proven ability to use hard data and metrics to support assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
• Experience in creating data pipelines and analytics (eg. proficiency in SQL, R, Google Analytics) and data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, QlikSense)
• Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently in an often times ambiguous environment
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and ability to think holistically.
3+ Years of program management experience, especially supply chain/ transportation related fields
- Experience working with Software Development Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational problems
- Programming Languages: Python; Java and development and implementation of ETL tools and experience with frameworks (eg. Apache Hadoop, Spark etc.) is desired.