Business Intelligence Engineer
The US Softlines Financial Planning & Analysis group is looking for a smart, motivated, and driven Business Intelligence Engineer. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Does working in one of the world's largest data environments excite you? Do you want to be a critical part of a high-growth business that is fundamentally changing an industry? If so, this is a unique opportunity to influence Sr. leaders and change the way our business makes arrives at and makes decisions by providing "information" instead of "data."
The Business Intelligence Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the Softlines leadership team and will impact all businesses within Softlines (Apparel, Shoes, Jewelry, Watches, Luggage, etc.). This role will influence a wide range of decisions from promotions to marketing to vendor performance to everything in-between. They will create visibility through building and maintaining insightful reporting and will participate in special projects aimed at disrupting the industry.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, superb analytical capabilities, outstanding business insight, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world and leverage leading edge technologies like Redshift, Hadoop/Hive.
- The design, development and maintenance of key metrics, reports, dashboards, etc. that drive key business activity.
- Building and managing a data environment that serves as the backbone for the analytical and reporting needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Partnering with the business and technical teams for analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems.
- Using creative problem solving to deliver new and innovative reports and data insights.
- Encouraging the organization to adopt next-generation business intelligence tools for real-time data analysis and scalable AWS-based solutions
- Demonstrable skills and experience using SQL with large data sets (for example, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Microsoft Excel and Tableau experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in Data Analysis, or equivalent experience in Finance or Operations
- Demonstrated experience to operate both strategically and operationally while managing multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high-bar on data integrity
- Excellent business judgement with strong written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills
- Experience presenting to all levels within the enterprise
- Experience with Hadoop or other map/reduce "big data" systems and services
- Graduate degree in Information Systems or Business preferred
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills, familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
- Creative in finding new solutions / designing innovative methods, systems and processes
- Extensive experience working on complex, cross-functional initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organization skills to work across functions and upwards
- Ability to use data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top