Business Intelligence Engineer
Resource Planning is a product team within Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT). We build systems that forecast the flow of products through the entire Amazon network – from suppliers and sellers into our warehouses, out of our warehouses to our customers, and between our warehouses. Our systems influence daily business and operational decisions at Amazon across the globe.
Measuring & ensuring the accuracy of forecasts is critical, from figuring out how to collect the right data from various systems, to designing systems on how to quickly process this data, to developing machine-learning algorithms to use this data and improve.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be responsible for understanding and mining a large amount of data, building metrics, finding answers and creating solutions. The team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You should be a self-starter who knows BI tools and enjoys working with data, and who thrives on implementing creative approaches and dealing with the intricate complexity of large data sets. Responsibilities include:
- Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions
- Interfacing with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and ability to use a programming and/or scripting language to process data for modeling
- Building metrics to analyze key inputs to forecasting systems
- Leading research projects to uncover trends and improve forecast accuracy
- Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Providing business feedback to research scientists and technical leaders
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical role involving data extraction and analysis
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting/visualization tools (Excel, OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Experience data modeling and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, EMR, or other Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Master's degree in Engineering or Math/Statistics/Finance or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle BI tools, MySQL, Linux/UNIX
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
- Experience with statistical analysis and R
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top