Business Intelligence Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Love ? Love music? The Amazon Music team is looking for a brilliant, creative, and passionate professional to join our Business Intelligence team. Responsibilities include: developing customer insights and segmentation to enhance and drive acquisition and engagement marketing, optimization of Amazon Music signup funnels on all devices and platforms, evaluation and optimization of marketing and content, and developing self-serve analytical tools for use by the Digital Music product and business teams.
In this role you will work to create and surface critical datasets to the Music org for self-service analysis and reporting in order to facilitate business and product team ability to identify marketing, product and content opportunities. You will help lead the way in defining and optimizing how we measure and value customer acquisition and engagement.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, superb analytical capabilities, outstanding business insight, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon. You will work closely with the marketing, merchandising, product, and development teams to solve unique problems and find answers to questions that require tenacious problem solving and creativity.
Data-driven decision making is at the core of Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for the Amazon Music Team.
• Working with marketing, merchandising, product management and engineering to identify and scope data aggregations that facilitate analysis of most common customer behavioral questions.
• Partnering with our Data Engineering team to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through .
• Join large and growing BI/ Science team to leverage extensive music listening to better understand customers and contribute to product and marketing strategy.
• Defining and developing tests to identify the best way to reach, convert, and retain customers.
• Reporting to senior leadership and the team at large, on customer, product and marketing insights and trends.
• Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
• Combining online web customer behavior and offline customer attributes to gain novel and powerful understanding of Digital Music customers.
• Quickly build a thorough understanding of the Digital Music industry, its seasonality and global business trends and continually monitor the impact of important industry developments.
• Work closely with finance team to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting and monitoring of key business activity.
** Please note this role can sit either in SFO or SEA
• BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
• 3+ years of professional experience in web analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position
• Highly skilled at querying relational databases () and ability to pull from various sources
• Experience with analytic tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
• In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
• Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
• Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
• Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
• Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
• Experience with Python or other relevant scripting language
• Experience with relational database design and architecture
• Music industry experience
• A passion for music!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top