Join Amazon's HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Professional to drive actionable insights through sustainable analytical solutions. We need an analyst who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks and acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations to join our Capacity Planning and Business Intelligence team supporting HR Shared Services.
Amazon is known to be a metrics driven culture. This role will be responsible for answering questions about the state of our business, generating new insights to help guide the strategic direction of the ERC, building and maintaining metrics and analysis for all levels of our organization, integrating new data sources into a team-specific Redshift cluster, and ensuring data cleanliness and accuracy. This role will help automate and centralize data pipelines in AWS tools by working closely with other technical partners and serve as a subject matter expert for statistics and modeling.
Successful candidates demonstrate an ability to:
• Have passion for sourcing, manipulating and visualizing data
• Apply direction and confidence to design qualitative and quantitative analysis
• Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders to clearly communicate strategic findings and recommendations
• Partner with key members from technical and non-technical teams to build and deliver requirements
• Prioritize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Translate technical concepts into business terms
• Advocate for working backwards from the customer
This position may be located in San Jose Costa Rica, Bangalore India, or Hyderabad India.
• Bachelor's degree in Math/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of experience in data modeling / advanced business analytics
• Experience with R, Python or other statistical/machine learning software
• Understanding of machine learning algorithms such as Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Time Series forecasting, etc.
• Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
• Expert knowledge in SQL and experience working with complex data sets
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
• Experience with AWS solutions
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
• Experience conducting large scale data, regression, and predictive analysis to support business decision making
• Strong verbal/written communication and data visualization skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.