Business Intelligence Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The North America Sort Center Finance team is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join our agile and fast-moving team to drive business insights and develop metrics that support product growth.
Supporting customer and business insights, you will be responsible for data modeling, cluster management, Tableau dashboard creation and maintenance, QuickSight migration, ETL automation, ad-hoc reporting, and long term analytical and statistical projects. You will support cross-functional stakeholders and work with multiple sources and a wide range of data technologies (e.g. AWS Redshift, S3, Quicksight, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with development of metrics and business analytics, and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies, and a strong understanding of Data Warehouse (DW) concepts, while dealing with ambiguity.
Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with stakeholders to understand business requirements and implement reporting solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Think strategically and analytically about business and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
• Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of source data from various internal/external systems.
• Own the logic for analytical models.
• Communicate and present findings to stakeholders.
• Automate models to produce analytical recommendations.
• Work in an ambiguous environment, drawing out and developing business requirements to meet changing needs.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or related field.
• 5+ years' experience as a BIE, data scientist, data engineer or similar job function with a technology company.
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Advanced skills in Tableau
• Experience with Quicksight, PowerBI, and other similar BI tools.
• MBA or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or related field.
• A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Working knowledge of Python/Java or similar coding languages.
• Experience building data warehouse, reporting/BI platforms or leveraging statistics for data analytics
• Experience in building and leveraging analytical data warehouses (i.e., SQL rock star, dimensional data modeling, experience with ETL, etc.)
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management.
• Have ability to independently influence and drive outputs, meet deadlines, and set clear expectations and roadmaps.
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top