Business Intelligence Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access for transportation operations?
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to help setup and deliver robust, structured reporting, analytics and models for the Air, Line-haul and Sortation teams in Europe. You will be a key contributor to shaping our strategic innovation program by equipping the project teams with the insights into the operation performance.
You will have an eye for detail, are proficient/advanced in SQL/DW/Python and have a knack for solving challenging data and reporting challenges. The role requires you to feel comfortable working with and clearly communicating with other functional teams, regionally and globally.
You will be reporting to a Senior Manager, working intensely with his (larger) project team, including Finance. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History".
• Analysis of business requirements and translation into technical requirements. By support of senior colleagues integration into a working, stable and scalable system
• Independent realization of requirements for Business Intelligence and custom software development products
• Creation of test cases and guidance of business stakeholders within the testing process
• Presentation of solutions and implemented features within weekly sync up with business stakeholders
• Ownership of maintenance and error handling of deployed solutions
• 1 2 main projects in parallel
• Focus on project delivery
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics etc.
• 2+ relevant experience or MS with 1+ relevant experience - Proficiency with SQL and programming languages with a focus on data analytics (Python, R, Java etc.)
• Expertise in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, experience with ETL, etc.)
• Proven expertise in building reports and BI analysis with tools such as Tableau, QlikView, SAP Business Objects etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Strong analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, you have very high attention to details and you like to structure and organize things so that they make sense
• Experience in the transportation and operations either from a business or technical position
• Experience with AWS Services and products (S3, Redshift, AuroraDB, DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2 etc.)
• Experience in Data Science and Machine Learning
• Experience in Software development, DevOps and software frameworks (Django, React etc.)
• Ability to own and lead workshops and weekly status updates with business stakeholders
Back to top