Business Intelligence Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
The Transportation Optimization is seeking a brilliant Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE). The Transportation Optimization team helps deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper each day, while providing extraordinary customer experience from website search to doorstep delivery. Our systems handle more than a million requests per second and make business decisions that impacts billions of dollars each year. With rapid expansion into new geographies, increasing complexity of the transportation network and expanding selection of products, the Transportation Optimization technology team has the opportunity to build software solutions that scale and propel the business through industry-leading technological innovations. We are part of Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) Group that develops and manages systems which optimize inventory acquisition, placement of products, transportation and fulfillment plans to enable delivery to our Customers. See this short video for more info (https://tiny.amazon.com/duw7g663/youtwatc)
What will you do?
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be responsible for understanding and mining the large amount of data, build metrics and drive customer adoption and business improvements. You will play a leadership role in our team the team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You will have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. You should be a self-starter who knows and loves working with BI tools, and who thrives on implementing creative approaches and dealing with the intricate complexity of large data sets, while partnering with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit.
You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
• Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
• Lead customer utilization research projects to better understand how our customers are using our systems, and how we can continue to optimize them to reduce costs.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and ability to use a major programming and/or scripting language to process data for modeling.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's degree in Math/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
• 2+ years in relevant experience as business intelligence engineer, data scientist, software engineer, or equivalent
• Experience processing large scale datasets, analyzing data to solve business problems and presenting impactful insights to business teams, using SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, EMR, or other Big Data technologies
• Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting/visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
• Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from business, machine learning, and economics backgrounds
• PhD or Masters degree is a plus
• Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
• Advanced knowledge of Oracle BI tools, MySQL, Linux/UNIX, VBA
• Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Demonstrated development and application of predictive statistical procedures in languages such as R, SAS, SPS
Back to top