Business Intelligence Engineer
The World-Wide Operations Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) team is looking for a passionate and talented Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE). In this role, you will learn about Amazon's supply chain by working on a diverse, highly visible portfolio of projects.
The BIE will provide data and business insights to drive the worldwide operations benchmarking process. The worldwide operations benchmarking process involves setting performance expectations for 300+ operations centers worldwide before a calendar year begins and using data to drive those teams to meet or exceed those expectations throughout the year.
In additional to supporting this initiative, the BIE for this team will serve as a subject matter expert for developing reporting systems and methods, as well as providing descriptive and retrospective analysis that will define strategy for the next generation of software, hardware, and automation initiatives across Worldwide Operations.
The primary skills needed to be successful in this role include the ability to automate various processes/reports using SQL and VBA, experience using Data Warehouse and statistical analysis tools (Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.), and excellent business judgment.
If you have a data heavy background and are interested in using those skills to influences tens of thousands of managers worldwide which will provide valuable interpersonal skills and experience, this is the perfect role for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's Degree required in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Finance, Business or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience using SQL, VBA, and Data Warehouse. This includes the skills needed to create a SQL database from scratch.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Advanced knowledge/skills in excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in business intelligence or data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
- Experience in statistical analysis tools (Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
- Familiarity with FC Labor Management systems (PPA, PPR, Etc) is a plus.
- A track record of creative problem solving using software systems and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Experience in writing professional publications or executive level reporting.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top