Business Intelligence Engineer, Selling Partner Experience
Do you love working with different data types from free text to telemetry, uncovering unknown insights about Sellers? The Selling Partner Experience team is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to help set up and scale new analytics sources and methods. As part of a new initiative on an established experience team that owns the end-to-end Seller Experience journey, you will have the freedom to innovate and create lasting impact on one the entire Seller experience.
Over the last 20 years, the share of physical gross merchandise sales sold on Amazon by third-party Sellers has grown from 3% to 58% in 2018. With over 2 million global Sellers listing their products for sale on Amazon's Marketplace in 15+ countries, third-party Sellers are increasingly critical to delivering on Amazon's vision of offering the Earth's largest selection and lowest prices. In our vision to build a global marketplace, we will provide easy-to-use tools enabling Sellers to make intuitive selling choices.
Our team provides a set of framework and mechanisms that inspects, measures, and drives improvements for Amazon's Seller-facing products, and presents recommendations to senior leaders across the company in order to influence and drive changes that ultimately better serve our Sellers. Our team is seeking a self-driven BIE with broad technical and data management skills who will identify and onboard new data sources, conduct analytics using SQL and Python, and build lightweight tools and methods for others to replicate and scale their work. You should have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You will need excellent business and communication skills to work with product managers and business owners on ambiguous problems in a fast paced environment to develop and define key business questions and requirements.
• Develop methods and metrics that provide insights to design and research teams and business owners
• Write quality code to retrieve and analyze data
• Develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that add value to the business area
• Understand data resources and know how, when, and which to use (and which not to use)
• Use advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems
• Continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect data. Find a solution around the problem that still maintains a high analytical bar. You do not suffer from "analysis paralysis".
• Communicate analysis results and techniques, both verbally and in writing, clearly and confidently to peers and business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
• 3+ years hands-on analytics work experience, with proven quantitative orientation.
• 2+ years experience with SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
• Experience with statistical analytics and programming languages such as Python, R, etc
• Master's degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
• 5+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
• Background designing successful analytics solutions from start to finish
• Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
• Knowledge of or background with public cloud services
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.