Do you want to design, build, and implement strategic talent systems to make Amazon the premier destination of Earth's most talented people? If you do, then we have the right role for you.
As a member of the Consumer Line Talent Management (CLTM) team within the newly formed Consumer Talent organization, the Business Intelligence Engineer role provides an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience and passion for data and analytics in a complex and global business. This individual will work with a team of Analytics professionals to build and develop CLTM's talent analytics program that will be used to influence talent management initiatives, plans, and programs in support of the WW Consumer business.
This role will report to the Manager, Talent Analytics based out of Seattle and will be part of broader team of data and analytics professionals. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, this role will support CLTM through defining and driving a data strategy that results in rich data insights. The role will have a direct impact in helping to identify macro talent trends across WW Consumer organization and provide meaningful talent analytics to the CKTM team. This role will also work closely with the Consumer People Analytics, Science, and Research teams within WW Consumer along with central talent management teams.
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create data modeling to facilitate reporting and analytics, acquiring new data sources, and building out comprehensive data visualizations for key stakeholders.
• Define a global data strategy to enable informed decision making for the CLTM organization.
• Develop analytical solutions to business and talent problems that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity, including test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Offer advice and consultation on analytical and business issues CLTM team members are facing.
• Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
• Work closely with database administrators, vendors, CLTM leaders, and other stakeholder teams on non-standard and unique business problem.
• Automate and optimize workflows that deliver key insights and enable self-service for key stakeholders.
• Partner with key stakeholders on analysis of complex datasets to make decisions, as well as use data to drive talent insights to influence Talent Management plans and solutions.
• Create vehicles to present talent findings and insights in a consultative way to talent management partners and relevant internal teams.
• Collaborate and partner with people analytics and talent community, including specialty functions and teams, to design data and analytics solutions and programs with a global impact. Recognize and adapt global best practices as appropriate.
• Track and plan analytics projects working closely with multiple stakeholders in different geographies, supporting different business units, and different roles.
• Be a champion of data driven insights and analytics and teach partners and colleagues.
ABOUT CONSUMER TALENT
Consumer Talent is a newly formed global talent organization within WW Consumer Human Resources. We are 2,000+ talent professionals who are focused on designing, building, and implementing talent systems to make Amazon the premier destination of Earth's most talented people. Within Consumer Talent, we:
• Set the gold standard and model the behavior we want the business to follow.
• Choose simplicity and speed over perfection when we can't have it all.
• Build for the future and courageously challenge the status quo.
• Actively seek out different ways of thinking/seeing diversity makes us better.
• Solve tough business problems by anchoring our work in the talent life cycle and relentlessly focusing on elevating the employee and candidate experience.
• Leverage Science and Technology to drive our business forward...we do not, however, design solutions looking for problems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Research or related disciple.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience as a business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer, Data Scientist or similar.
• Advanced proficiency in SQL coding, query development, and data visualization.
• Experience using AWS technologies, such as Redshift, S3, or EC2.
• Advanced knowledge of other programming languages and operating systems, such as Java, Python, R, Power BI, or Linux.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Research or related disciple.
• Able to flex and seamlessly demonstrate process improvement, analytics, data modeling, and strategic design skills.
• Previous experience working in or with Human Resources and people data.
• A strong portfolio of work demonstrating skills and breadth of work.
• Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and interest in supporting a global team.
• Ability to figure things out without a road map, transform organizations, as well as break the mold in terms of ways to re-frame and solve problems.
• Ability to handle responsibilities independently, while exercising good judgment in problem solving and keeping team members adequately informed.
• • Ability to influence and collaborate with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately in time sensitive matters and organized to manage and track multiple priorities simultaneously grace under pressure and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice.
• Excellent written and verbal skills as well as prioritization and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
• Experience presenting and communicating data, metrics, and insights to business leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.