Have you ever wondered how Amazon designs its transportation network to scale and reliably deliver hundreds of millions of package to customer's doorsteps? Are you passionate about building complex package routing solutions and solving large-scale challenging problems from conceptual to implementation phase? Do you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
The EU Global Transportation Services (GTS) team based out of the EU headquarters in Luxembourg is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer. The role will require modelling, auditing and optimizing our transportation network from our fulfillment centers to our last mile carriers who deliver packages to customers.
To be successful in the role, you need strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, ability to influence across business functions and manage stakeholders' expectations effectively. You will work in a fast-paced environment that requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable in working with multiple business and technical teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of scalable BI solutions to audit and optimize our transportation network.
- Development and execution of analytical tools to model our transportation network.
- Contribute to the strategy for network design, prioritize technical and operational initiatives, evaluate and set stakeholders expectations.
- Experience in data visualization platforms e.g., Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense and PowerBI
- Proficiency in SQL
- Curiosity to continue learning, proven record of that aspect along the professional trajectory.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently in an often times ambiguous environment
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and ability to think holistically
- Master's Degree in Familiarity with statistics and application of statistics in operations
- Experience in analyzing big datasets (100M+ rows)
- Familiarity with optimization, supply chain and logistics concepts gained through work experience or graduate level education
- Familiarity with mathematical modelling and simulation techniques e.g., linear programming, graph theory
- Superior verbal and written communication. Ability to persuade and convince with facts and data-driven arguments
- Programming Languages: Python; R and development and implementation of ETL tools desired but not essential