Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Partners in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model.
The WW Strategic Alliances organization looks to its Operations team to deliver the most accurate data, insightful analyses, and compelling visualizations to ensure our regional and local leadership teams can grow sustainable and scalable businesses.
As our organization's Business Intelligence Engineer, you would be responsible for deriving analytical insights from data and building scalable mechanisms to support those insights. In addition, you will create compelling visualizations on top of the data/insights to track KPI progress and drive business decisions. We want our data to tell a clear story, highlight insights we hadn't previously seen, and do it all faster than we've been able to previously. You'll be required to figure out what's important to the business, specific partners, and internal stakeholders before they even realize they need it. With an understanding of the core business needs in hand, you'll use your programming, SQL, and data visualization skills to develop solutions that will help move the business forward and enable better decisions to be made in less time.
We are open to having this role based remotely near one of our AWS hubs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Define, develop, and build business critical metrics and reports across all business levers, key performance indicators, and financials.
• Own alignment and standardization of analytical initiatives across the global partner teams
• Drive efforts with business leaders, BI leaders and executive management across the partner organization.
• Own key executive reports and metrics that are consumed by our executive leadership team and partner field organization.
• Provide thought leadership in global business deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators.
• Partnering with engineering, product, business and finance teams to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement
• Fluency in analytical communication to translate data into actionable insights for stakeholders both in and out of the team, create analytical insights to identify key priorities
• Proactively make and justify recommendations based on advanced statistical techniques, deep familiarity with the customer or developer experiences, as well as by cross-referencing multiple data sources and comparing against the wider industry
• Determine best-in-class performance reports and automate reporting for regular metrics, identify areas of opportunity to automate, scale ad-hoc analyses, build and inform BI tool improvements
• Providing requirements for telemetry and data structure to improve ability to extract data efficiently and provide the team insights faster
• 5+ years of experience in SQL, can independently mine data to translate Business data needs into creative visualizations
• 3+ years of experience using enterprise BI tools (Tableau, QuickSight, PowerBI, MicroStrategy)
• 2+ years experience programming with Python
• 2+ years experience using AWS products
• Experience interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and gaining a deep-dive understanding of key data
• Bachelor's degree
• Master's degree
• Computer Science degree
• Tableau certification
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with AWS products such as: S3, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Athena, EMR, RDS
• Expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.