Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to support the analytical needs of our fast growing Professional Services practice. This is a unique opportunity to invent new ways of leveraging our large, complex data streams to enable the practice to scale and accelerate our enterprise customers' journey to the cloud. This is a high-visibility and high business impact role.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data driven decision making? In this role, you will own the development and adoption for business intelligence tools that impact leaders across the world. You will work closely with business planning and finance teams to achieve business objectives and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will implement best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, visualization design, and documentation; and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action at scale
• Develop new metrics, improve the monitoring and alerting for existing metrics, and identify correlations and root causes.
• Improve the adoption of self-service analytical tools by acting as a subject matter expert (SME) and deliver training to global teams.
• Perform regular audits and improvements to data systems to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
• Conduct statistical and trend analysis to identify opportunities, highlight strengths, and provide recommended corrective actions.
• Perform regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics.
• Support quarterly, annual planning activities.
• Developing programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data.
• Contribute to the writing of papers for internal audiences.
• Invent new ways to define and measure program effectiveness and organizational productivity.
• Collaborate with the economist, product management, and engineering partner teams to influence and guide their development roadmaps.
• 7+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence and data analysis
• Experience building and managing reports using a data visualization platform (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight)
• Experience developing and improving ETLs and data pipelines including data validation techniques
• Advanced experience with SQL and manipulating large data sets in a relational database
• Experience with advanced Excel functions to build tables and charts
• Proven ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and recommendations
• Experience distilling and communicating complex analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor's degree
• Master's degree
• Experience publishing and managing content, jobs, and permissions on Tableau server
• Experience using Python, R, VBA, or other languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis
• Ability to create, manage, and scale time series data sets
• Experience with analytical techniques, such as scenario modeling, regression analysis, predictive modeling, segmentation, forecasting, hypothesis testing, multi-variant testing
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3, and Lambda
• Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Proven ability to balance competing priorities, workloads, and tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
• Tableau Certifications
• AWS Certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.