Seller Services is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon. The "Selling on Amazon" service enables third-party sellers to sell their products via Amazon and reach tens of millions of potential shoppers. Third-party Marketplace Sellers account for more than 50% of products sold on our amazon websites worldwide, growing at a faster pace than Amazon's first-party Retail business.
Japan Seller Services is seeking a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst who will work in BI team and provides BI support to business teams in Japan Seller Services: product/program managers, sales managers and leadership team, with an aim to achieve business goals. The ideal candidate will be excited about pulling complex data from large scale database, building metrics that are relevant to the focus of programs, creating and automating business metrics reports using SQL and Excel, diving deep into data to generate insights to fix business issues and find opportunities for growth, and estimating business impact for the new program using proxy data. The ideal candidate will enjoy influencing business leaders, working with central BI/Data Engineer (DE) team in Seattle and Hyderabad to archive shared BI/DE goals as well as organizing and facilitating SQL/analytic tool trainings for data users in the Seller Services organization.
• Work with business partners (Product/Program/Sales Managers) from multiple project areas and identify their BI needs (e.g. adding new metrics in weekly reports, performing impact analysis for the new program, creating a data table for business reviews with leadership team.)
• Manage request intake independently and set right priorities based on the priorities of the entire organization.
• Create and automate business reports (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly) providing accurate and reliable data based on the globally standardized definition.
• Define analytical approach of the incoming requests, which includes translating complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements, derive business insights from analysis and make recommendations.
• Proactively identify problems with significant business impact and help business partners create actionable priorities.
• Work with a central BI/DE team in Seattle and Hyderabad for the shared BI/DE goals.
• Organize and facilitate trainings for SQL/analytic tools targeting users in Seller Services with an aim to drive self-service of data access.
• Innovate mechanisms to improve operational efficiency in BI team.
The individual must be able to:
• Extract complex data from a large scale Redshift database using efficient queries.
• Translate large amount of data into useful information and insights.
• Develop automated reports in Excel and Tableau/QuickSight.
• Deliver high quality data tables for business review documents with leadership team.
• Set right priorities, manage time effectively and meat deadlines.
• Deal with ambiguity and in a fast paced environment.
• Interact and communicate with stakeholders from multiple project areas effectively.
• Read business documents written in English to understand the business priorities
• Write paragraphs in English to outline the details of analysis, insights and recommendations
• Demonstrate technical expertise (SQL, Python, Statistics, Data Engineering) to help employees in Seller Services organization
• Effectively communicate with central BI on the technical blockers and requirements.
【Various Working System for Work Life Harmony】：
We believe that it is important to spend private time such as spending time with your family or doing anything you like to spur innovation. Amazon promotes a fulfilling and flexible work style according to the work volume and lifestyle of each employee. (Example: Flex Time, Work From Home, Maternity /Parenting /Family Care Leave etc.)
• Candidates must be fluent in both Japanese and English
• Experience in data mining/analysis, working extensively in large scale databases and data warehouses (6+ years)
• Experience in advanced SQL operations (6+ years, Redshift preferred) • Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong analytical skills with a bias towards understanding customer behavior
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BS degree
• 5+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Business Intelligence, Analytics or Consulting in an e-commerce environment or related field.
5121544051 / 5121585051