Business Intel Engineer I
- Hyderabad, India
The TRON team is an initiative which partners with the Amazon Robotics team to remotely handle exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America.The TRON technology enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
TRON team is looking for a Business Intel engineer-I.
As a BIE on the team, you will enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format. You will analyze and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities. Your ownership of the scoping and design of new metrics and enhancement of existing ones will help support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability. You will communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing. These analytics and metrics will help ensure we are focused on what's important, enable clarity and focus, and delight our customers. This position will support our expansion to other geographies.
• Work closely with business managers and stakeholders to understand business issues and recommend solutions to ensure business questions are properly answered
• Understand trends related to Amazon business and recommend strategies to stakeholders to help drive business growth. Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines. Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
• The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon's core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
• 2+ years' experience as a Data / Business Analyst
• Proficiency with data querying or modeling technique with SQL or R
• Experience with automated self-service reporting tools
• Confidence in dealing with technical and non-technical senior level staff
• Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment
• Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
• 2+ years' experience with 1+ years Analytics and Process Improvement-related initiatives
• Experience working with cloud data repository services such as AWS redshift
• Experience and ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources
• Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Back to top