US DoD BD/Capture Manager: US DoD, 4th Estate Accounts
Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) market as part of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Public Sector? Would you like to work as part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS by engaging with our DoD customers, as well as consulting and technology partners from Amazon's Partner Network (APN), to transform public sector IT strategy through cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Business Development/Capture Manager for AWS focusing on the US DoD, with a special focus on the US DoD and 4th Estate, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, and other AWS services).
Work with the internal team to develop and maintain a multi-year pipeline of cloud-related opportunities, develop and oversee implementation of bid strategies, proposal approaches and technical solutions, and help with written proposals for RFI/RFQ/RFP/BAA (i.e. RFx) and IDIQ Contracts for customers and APN partners.
Work with the field and partner sales teams to close business at a rapid rate and scale the capture acumen within the sales culture to include improved RFx responses, pre-RFx customer education and shaping, and even unsolicited proposal initiatives.
Handle classified DoD materials and attend classified meetings as needed.
Possess a deep industry background that enables them to engage and communicate effectively in a wide range of technical and business discussions with internal AWS colleagues, APN partners, and end customers.
Have demonstrable technical depth and the expertise to support account managers and solution architects in development of innovative cloud-based solutions, proposal win themes, and technical differentiators.
Have hands-on experience in the full life cycle of capture management resulting in capture of individual contracts valued in excess of $25M.
Successful candidates will identify bid opportunities through direct interactions with existing and prospective DoD customers, as well as through a wide range of industry forums and procurement resources. Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team identifying and responding to RFx opportunities
Have experience with government acquisition guidelines and RFx compliance requirements.
Our BD/Capture Manager often develops, manages and executes the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, contracts, and proposal support) to understand and navigate government procurement processes and procedures. You will be a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win themes, ROI/TCO analyses, technical discriminators, innovative business solutions and strategies, and pricing.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Secret security clearance or above.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• At least 5+ years of hands-on, full life cycle Business Development/Capture experience
• B.S. in engineering (electrical/mechanical) or computer science or equivalent work experience
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Secret or above
• Account or large program management experience in the DoD market, including US DoD and 4th Estate
• Demonstrable ability to win IT services or solutions related awards valued at $25M+ in the U.S. DoD market
• Enterprise sales experience, including successful large program ($25M+) capture
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both technical and analytical domains and experience identifying bid opportunities and leading proposal responses to RFx's
• Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
• A good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles
• Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team, partners, and customers
• Solid ability to develop, communicate, and document strategic programs and initiatives to stakeholders and executive management alike
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us