Business Development, Technology Partners - AWS Government Regions
- Arlington, VA
Candidate can be based in VA, D.C, or MD for this role.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and the AWS GovCloud (US) team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced organization. As a Technology Partner-focused business development manager for the AWS GovCloud (US) Region, you will have exciting opportunities to grow and expand the AWS GovCloud customer and partner base, and the portfolio of third-party products and solutions offered in the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
The GovCloud BDM - Technology Partners position will focus on business development initiatives across AWS Technology Partners (ISV and SaaS), specifically focused on onboarding 3rd party products, services and offerings to the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of cloud computing; possess a background in sales, partner and business development; and have proven results with introducing a product into new markets. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to dive deep and tactically drive business development programs. Candidates are expected to have the ability to write and convey compelling customer value propositions and business case/financial proposals. Through your work across AWS, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth, onboarding ISV and SaaS Partners to GovCloud, and expanding the 3rd party product/solutions portfolio available in the AWS GovCloud (US) Region.
As an AWS GovCloud (US) Business Development Manager, you will:
• Research, Identify and develop strategies to expand business in untapped markets and customer domains for the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
• Identify specific customer segments, industry verticals and partner markets to approach with targeted value propositions and business case proposals leveraging the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
• Identify key AWS Technology Partners and work with the AWS sales and partner development teams to introduce the AWS GovCloud (US) region to partners and customers.
• Define, develop and manage GovCloud-focused AWS Partner Programs and initiatives.
• Research and develop business cases to support detailed product feature requests in the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
• Collect, create, and manage the creation of sales and partner collateral to facilitate the business development process.
• Work collaboratively to develop and execute the sales/business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. AWS GovCloud (US) PMO, sales, legal, support, etc.).
• Work across AWS marketing and other business development teams to develop new campaigns, programs, and go-to-market initiatives for the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
• Monitor partner onboarding and adoption; develop approaches to increase number of product/service offerings, revenue growth rates and workload retention rates.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales, and/or product management experience in the software/technology industry.
• Bachelor's degree is required; concentrations in either business or computer science preferred.
• 5+ years experience with FedRAMP, DoD SRG, ITAR, CJIS and other compliance regimes applicable to AWS GovCloud (US) Regions
• MBA preferred
• Strong technical competency in the areas of cloud computing, web services and enterprise software.
• Experience working within the enterprise software development industry or consulting services.
• Solid understanding of cloud computing and the public sector
• Strong presentation, verbal communication, written skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions, particularly customer relationship management tools.
• Ownership oriented; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans.
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• The ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
• Self-motivated and a strong bias for action; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top